Field Study Days provide you with an opportunity to enrich your educational experience by designing your own meaningful curriculum for the day. The day should be spent on an activity that extends your learning environment from the classroom into your home and community. Students are required to choose a different activity for each Field Study Day.
2015-16 Field Study Dates
- September 23, 2016
- November 10, 2016
- February 24, 2017
- May 19, 2017
Ideas for Field Study Day
- Visit a museum – Crocker Art Museum, Railroad Museum, Discovery Museum, The Museum of Natural History, Exploratorium, McClellan Aviation Museum, etc.
- Job shadow someone – learn about different professions. (MUST HAVE 1 FOR THE YEAR)
- Work in a classroom or library - you may use this for one field study day only
- Visit and learn about historical sites – guided tours of Folsom Dam, Nimbus Fish Hatchery, State Capitol, Coloma, Sutter’s Fort, Davis Arboretum, etc.
- Visit a College or a University – arrange for a guided tour of American River College, Sierra College, Sacramento State University, U.C. Davis, etc.
- Attend a cultural activity such as a play or symphony.
- Community Service – you may complete your community service although your Field Study Day activities are not automatically community service – check with your teacher.